Astricon is coming up very soon, so I figured I would point out some of the things that the development team will be doing at the conference.
There are two big pre-conference activities for Tuesday, September 25th.
- Asterisk 101 – An introduction to Asterisk
- Developer 101 – An introduction to Asterisk development
Myself, and a number of other developers, will be spending all day talking about important things to know to be an active Asterisk developer. Some of the things we will be talking about are:
- Source code layout
- Where do I find the code that handles X?
- Built-in debugging tools, useful debugging techniques, best practices
- Community Interfacing
- Using the issue tracker, submitting changes, where to have discussions
If there are any specific topic that you can think of that we should cover, please let me know. I hope you will be at Astricon!